½ to 1½ teaspoon Dave’s Ultimate Insanity Sauce
2 ribs celery, minced
½ cup onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, grated
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 - 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 - 14 oz can black beans, drained
1 - 14 oz can cannellini beans, drained
1 - 14 oz can pinto beans, drained
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add celery and onions and cook until soft.
2. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (approx. 30-45 seconds).
3. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic powder and toast until fragrant (approx. 30-45 seconds).
4. Add tomatoes and beans and stir to incorporate all ingredients. Bring mixture to a simmer.
5. Add Dave’s Ultimate Insanity Sauce, ½ teaspoon at a time. Stirs after adding each teaspoon.
6. Once you’ve reached the optimum heat level, adjust seasoning with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.