Chicken Chile Verde with Creamy Roasted Jalapeño Hot Sauce
1 - 8 oz bottle Dave’s Gourmet Creamy Roasted Jalapeño Hot Sauce
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2-3 tsp kosher salt
1-2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup green bell peppers, seeds removed, diced
1/2 cup poblano peppers, seeds removed, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 cups tomatillos, diced
2 quarts chicken stock
1 - 14 oz can white beans, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2. In a large Dutch oven, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium high heat until simmering. Once the oil is simmering, add the chicken to the pot and sear both sides until golden brown.
3. Add remaining olive oil and bring back up to medium heat in the pot. Add onion, peppers, garlic and jalapeño and sauté, constantly stirring, until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, two to three minutes. Add cumin and stir to combine.
4. Add ½ cup of Creamy Roasted Jalapeño Hot Sauce, tomatillos and stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any bits. Stir in beans. Bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, cover and move pot into the oven. Braise at 350°F for 45 minutes.
6. After 45 minutes, remove chili from oven. Season with salt, pepper, and additional Creamy Roasted Jalapeño Hot Sauce to taste. Yields 4-6 servings.